Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stragglers

I found a few strays that I forgot in my last post.



I suppose I should get out the Hummingbird feeders.... This little guy and one of his friends was buzzing their tiny wings around my head the other morning. I adore Hummingbirds, they are so pretty and quaint. My Grandma always had hummingbird feeders around her house and since she lives in the mountains they are everywhere. I remember when I was little I stuck a lollipop in my mouth, bobbed my head up and down and said, "look Grandma I'm a hummingbird!" That is one of those memories that we will never forget.
I love climbing roses, I hope to get a few more around my yard. Hopefully ones that are a prettier, brighter color as I do not really like this dark red. I do not like anything that is dark colored for that matter. They are so easy to take care of and I love how they climb up everything, so pretty.

This is one of my most favorite trees in our yard. I do not know what it is called, all I know is that it has really pretty purple flowers that grow on it. We have two of them. We also have one that looks similar but grows white flowers. I love it as well and will post pics when it blooms. I am sorry this is not the best picture and it is hard to see. I believe you can click on it and zoom in a little to see the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment